Sunday, September 12, 2010

What Summer???

Just a few more days before the Autumn Solstice. Leaves are already beginning to make their descent while many of our summer birds are just memories. Tomorrow is officially our last day to have an open door gallery. Taking down the OPEN sign will give us a new sense of freedom: to wander, to unlock the gate to new pathways.


Our summer in the gallery literally flew by. Alicia Young, our resident sculptress produced a number of great pieces and I painted nearly every day, some days en plein air. Basically, the summer was unseasonably cool but for one week we broke all heat records. I was painting fireweed pictures in a clear-cut on a 34 degree Celsius day! Just recently I spent a delightful day in one of my old haunts out at Rupert Arm, an offshoot of Quatsino Sound. Below is the sketch with which I began. The original will be on my website. Also below is one of Alicia’s pieces she did in our gallery. Adios until next time!


No comments: